With all of the rapid changes to our daily norms, we want to reassure you we are here for you, as always. We have updated our office procedures, based on CDC and the Governor of Oregon's guidelines, to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 and ensure social distancing.
Steps we are taking to ensure your safety:
Protective Equipment and Cleaning Supplies
Masks have been secured for our doctors and associates. Disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer are available as well.
Cleanings of Equipment and Surfaces
All equipment and surfaces will be cleaned with anti-viral/anti-bacterial cleaners after each exam.
Frame Selection Safety
Sanitized trays will be provided for patients to place frame selections. Our associates will disinfect all frames.
Our associates will wash their hands for a minimum of 20 seconds before and after every patient interaction.
Associates will observe 6 feet social distancing whenever possible.
What We Ask of You:
- In line with the CDC's recommendation for Healthcare settings, we ask all patients continue to wear a face covering when in our office.
- If you are exhibiting signs of COVID-19 or if you believe you have been in contact with someone who may have been exposed, we ask that you reschedule your exam.
- We ask that every patient completes the Online Patient Form prior to arrival. There are two parts to the form, first is “Patient Demographics” and second is “Patient History”. Please complete both and submit. Once successfully submitted you will see this message: Thank you.. Your profile has been submitted
- We recommend Family Units be scheduled together for convenience. Please ask an associate when scheduling your appointment.
- To best respect social distancing we highly recommend our patients to opt for Digital Retinal Screening during your exam. Digital Retinal Screening is an improved technology in which your doctor can take high-resolution digital photographs of the interior portion of your eye.
- During the Slit Lamp portion of the exam, we ask patients to remain silent and, if possible, breathe through their nose. An associate will guide you through this portion.
We will continue to monitor CDC guidelines and make changes as appropriate to ensure the safety of our Bridgetown family. If you have any questions please feel free to call or text our Cornell office at 503-645-5076.