With all of the rapid changes to our daily norms, we want to reassure you we are here for you, as always. We have updated our office procedures, based on CDC and the Governor of Oregon's guidelines, to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 and ensure social distancing.
Steps we are taking to ensure your safety:
Limiting the number of patients
We will be limiting the number of patients and exams to adhere to the CDC’s social distancing guidelines.
Limiting Exams Per Hour
Only 1 patient per half hour will be allowed in order to perform a thorough cleaning after each exam.
Protective Equipment and Cleaning Supplies
Masks have been secured for our doctors and associates. Disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer are available as well.
Cleanings of Equipment and Surfaces
All equipment and surfaces will be cleaned with anti-viral/anti-bacterial cleaners after each exam.
Frame Selection Safety
Sanitized trays will be provided for patients to place frame selections. Our associates will disinfect all frames.
Our associates will wash their hands for a minimum of 20 seconds before and after every patient interaction.
Associates will observe 6 feet social distancing whenever possible.
Contact Lens Exams
New Contact Lens Wearers will be taken case by case in order to minimize exposure risk and physical contact.
What We Ask of You:
- In compliance with CDC and the Governor of Oregon's order, we ask all patients to please wear a face covering when in our office.
- If you are exhibiting signs of COVID-19 or if you believe you have been in contact with someone who may have been exposed, we ask that you reschedule your exam.
- Please come to your appointment by yourself or limit who comes with you to one person so we can adhere to CDC social distancing guidelines.
- If you need someone to bring you to your appointment, we ask that they wait in their vehicle while you are being seen.
- Family Units may be scheduled together for convenience. Please ask an associate when scheduling your appointment.
- We ask that every patient completes the Online Patient Form prior to arrival. There are two parts to the form, first is “Patient Demographics” and second is “Patient History”. Please complete both and submit. Once successfully submitted you will see this message: Thank you.. Your profile has been submitted
- To best respect social distancing we highly recommend our patients to opt for Digital Retinal Screening during your exam. Digital Retinal Screening is an improved technology in which your doctor can take high-resolution digital photographs of the interior portion of your eye.
- During the Slit Lamp portion of the exam, we ask patients to remain silent and, if possible, breathe through their nose. An associate will guide you through this portion.
We will continue to monitor CDC guidelines and make changes as appropriate to ensure the safety of our Bridgetown family. If you have any questions please feel free to call or text our Cornell office at 503-645-5076.